Do You want To Clean Your Home Safely?
Here are the Simple Tips…
Have a clean home should not mean sacrificing your health due to chemical exposures, plain and simple. In fact, some of the best cleaners are items you probably already have around your home, such as vinegar, baking soda, and lemon juice.
Here's a simple starter list of what you need to make your own natural cleaning products:
• Baking soda
• White vinegar
• Lemon juice
• Hydrogen peroxide
• Liquid castile soap
• Organic essential oils (optional)
• Mixing bowls
• Spray bottles
• Microfiber cloths
For example, lemon juice is a natural whitener, vinegar and water makes an excellent window cleaner, and vinegar combined with hydrogen peroxide works exceptionally well as both a disinfectant and sanitizer.
Baking soda is also great to scrub your bath and kitchen. Put it in a glass grated cheese container with a stainless steel top that has holes in it, and just sprinkle the baking soda on the surfaces and scrub. You may add a few drops of your favorite essential oil to this, such as lavender and tea tree oil, which have added anti-bacterial qualities. Ideally, you can use safe cleaners such as this, in combination with other tired-and-true natural ingredients, to completely replace dangerous chemical cleaning products in your home.
Here are several more simple tips to get you started:
• Use baking soda as a safe, non-scratch scrub for metals and porcelain.
• To clean your oven, sprinkle a cup or more of baking soda over the bottom of the oven, then cover the baking soda with enough water to make a thick paste. Let the mixture set overnight. The next morning the grease will be easy to wipe up because the grime will have loosened. When you have cleaned up the worst of the mess, dab a bit of liquid detergent or soap on a sponge, and wash the remaining residue from the oven.
• To unclog a drain, pour 1/2-1 cup of baking soda down the drain, then slowly pour 1/2-1 cup of vinegar in after it. Cover the drain and let it sit for 15 minutes. If it bubbles like a volcano, it means it's working as planned. Flush with a gallon of boiling water.
• Deodorize dry carpets by sprinkling liberally with baking soda. Wait at least 15 minutes, then vacuum.
• To rid your garbage disposal of foul smells, add vinegar to water for ice cubes, then let a few of them get chopped by your disposal.
• To clean your silver, boil 2-3 inches of water in a shallow pan with 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, and a sheet of aluminum foil. Totally submerge silver and boil for 2-3 minutes more. Remove silver from the pan and wipe away the tarnish with a clean cotton cloth.”